How are you optimizing your landing page ?
Does it ultimately leads your audience....
Signing up for your newsletter ?
Downloading your trial software ?
Signing up for latest product updates ?
High conversion or low conversion rate ?
How can you improve your conversion rate ?
Or are you going by your "Gut feeling" ?
In this post, I will be sharing my humble tips on optimizing your landing page, which hopefully will help drive your conversion rate. All the elements found in your landing page, plays a role on driving your overall conversion rate success . So what are the elements ?
1. The Layout for your landing page:
- 1 vertical column layout.
- Or 2 vertical column layout.
- Or 3 vertical column layout. Or ?
- The placement of your copy (top of the page, middle, bottom or ?)
- The placement of your image (top of the page, middle,bottom or ?)
- The placement of your call to action button (top of the page, middle,bottom or ?)
- The message / s that entice your audience in taking action. Which version converts better ?
- Longer or shorter copy ? Which version converts better ?
- Product benefit or key benefit copy ?
- Quotes, testimonial or 3rd party endorsement ? Does it help convert ? Which version converts better ?
- The copy on the call to action button that entice your audience in taking action.
- The size of the call to action button. Bigger or smaller ?
- The color of the call to action button. More color or one color ?
- Portraying human or graphic design ? Which version converts better ?
- Flash or static version ? Which version coverts better ?
Let your audience decide for you.
Lastly, even with the data, nothing is going to happen unless you test it !
Take action: Run the Multivariate page testing.
- Evaluate your control versus your variations.
- Let the data do the talk.
. Optimization #01: Call to action button
. Optimization #02: Test ! Test ! Test !