How do visitors come to your website ?
Did they came from search engines when they click onto your paid ads? If it is so, what are they searching for ? Have you optimized your landing page or website to conforms according to meet their needs? Are they searching for something specific which leads them eventually to your website or landing page. Are they here looking for information or are here to shop for a product or service ? If your website or landing page doesn't relate to their needs, don't blame them for immediately clicking away from your website.
It is too much of an importance to overlook or leave this very vital optimization action. Don't bring all visitors to your default home page which doesn't relate to the pay ads or PPC. Simply put your visitors don't really care about your company's history or what you are trying to tell them, what they are interested in is why they link or came to your website or landing page in the first place.
Take them directly to what they want and where they are interested in. (e.g. If your visitors are looking for business laptops, don't lead them to all of your laptop selections.)
So how do you optimize your landing page ?
- Leading your visitors to your unique landing page.
- Leading your visitors to the specific page of your website in relation to the PPC or search term.
1. Landing Page Design
- Is the landing page design appealing ?
- Is it browser friendly ?
- Does the design took too long to load ?
- Which are the key-phrase that leads them to action ?
- Repeating the key-phrase within the headline is the easiest way in which to do this is.
- Does your headlines captivates visitor's attention ?
- Are your headlines prominent and bold ?
Is your content related to your PPC ad ?
Simply put, why do you want your visitors to land on this particular page ?
- Why they would be interested ?
- What is the product or service offering ?
- Why would they be enticed to take action ?
- Desired interest area
- Where is the best place for your "Submit" button ?
- Is the "RESET" button even required ? Why you say it is not required ? Do you wish your visitors to fill up the form only to accidentally hit the "RESET" button instead of your "Submit" button and not refilling up the form and eventually leaving the site ?
- Where are the visitors clicking on your landing page ?
- What are they clicking on ?
- Have you tried using third party software like crazyegg for the heat map tracking, are they clicking onto what you want them to and where are they actually clicking on your landing page.
You will never know what works and doesn't until you track the visitors' behavior in your landing page. If you're serious about increasing your landing page conversions, you have to keep on testing and testing. Some of the landing page elements you should keep in mind when conducting your tests are:
* Hero shots picture (placements and type)
* Testimonials or Endorsements
* Calls to action button (Colors and placements)
* Headings and headlines
* Web Forms
* Product or service price range
8. Thank You Page
Have you taken into the consideration of inserting the Thank You Page after your visitors have completed the required action ? Don't leave this opportunity to thank your visitors for their time and first touch point.
Are you optimizing your landing page ?
. Optimization #01: Call to action button
. Optimization #02: Test ! Test ! Test !
. Optimization #03: Landing Page