Today, I will be sharing an open source (GNU /GPL) web analytics tool, phpMyVisites. It is FREE to download for use. The best part is it being an Open source project which means the source code is readily available and you could also participate in the project as well. (Such as (creating new modules, personalize the interface or etc.)
So what are some of the features found in this web analytic tool versus the other FREE web analytic tools ?
phpMyVisites provides you with the required information on websites visitors, visited pages and not forgetting their very own clicks heatmap!, which shows you where your audience are clicking on your website. All the information are portrait in their relatively user-friendly GUI. With many clear graphics to present data as required.
- Visitor statistics over a period of time (day/week/month/year)
- Visitor Frequency: new visitors, regular (known) visitors, and how often visitors view the web site
- Web site page classification available
- Geographical Statistics: Classification by continent/country (quite similar to Google Analytics)
- Technical Configuration Statistics: Web browsers, resolution, managed plug-in, etc.
- Web Site Discovery Tools: Search Engines, Web Sites, Partner Sites, Newsletters and Direct Access
- Multiple Web Site Overview, a summary of important web site statistics for all managed web sites. Multiple web sites may be added.
- Receive web site statistics everyday by e-mail, by RSS feed.
ClickHeat: visual heatmap of clicks on a HTML page, showing hot and cold click zones.
Want to try an alternative FREE web analytics tool ?
Or new to web analytics ?