How are you tapping into the youth market ?
How much do you know about the youth markets ?
Which of your communications channel works and doesn't work in reaching the youth ?
Here's a interesting video brought to us by the threebillion project:
36 Youth Facts in 159 seconds
Still not convinced you say ?
Here's the 36 Youth Facts again:
- There are 3 billion people under 25 on this planet
- 61% of them live in Asia
- 67% of young Asians have downloaded music in the last month
- Only 27% paid for it
- Hong Kong youth spend the most time online per day (4.7 hours)
- Indonesian youth spend the least (0.9 hours)
- Young Filipinos watch the most TV per day (6.2 hours)
- Young Chinese watch the least (3.2 hours)
- There are 37.5 million gamers in China
- 90% play online games
- Weekly, Korean teenagers will spend
- 14 hours on the computer…
- .12.8 hours watching TV
- 0.7 hours reading newspapers
- Taiwan has the highest teenage birthrate in Asia
- South Korea has the lowest
- 45% of young Japanese women said they were in love
- Only 30% of young Japanese men said the same
- 82% of Japanese teen males said they used contraception the first time they had sex
- Only 12% of Japanese 20-year-olds use the home PC to access the internet — the same level as 50-year-olds — they’re using their mobile phones instead
- 26% of all youth deaths in China are from suicide
- In India, 50% of girls will be married before they are 18
- In Nepal, the rate is 60%
- 85% of Korean teenagers own a cell phone
- They send an average of 60 messages per day
- 46% of students send messages in class
- “Our children are seriously addicted to cell phones” — Parent’s Union Spokesperson
- Chinese people spend 10x more money on the internet than people in the west
- It represents 10% of their monthly income
- Who prefers a laid-back hassle-free lifestyle?
- 14% of Chinese teens
- 22% of South Korean teens
- 43% of Japanese teens
- 99% of Saudi teens use Bluetooth
- 99% said that the device had broken social taboos
- 85% said it was safe for communication with the opposite sex
- 69% of messages exchanged by Saudi teens were pornographic
Or are you already tapping into it ?
How can you better communicate your message ?