In this video interview, Scott Brinker shares his thoughts on landing page features that could help double the conversion rate of standard landing pages.
Where do you normally drive prospects / visitors clicking onto your Generic keywords to ?
- A Generic home page ?
- Category page ? Or ?
How to create 2-step landing pages ?
- First step is a 1-click segmentation choice - Offering the generic keywords prospects / visitors an option in selecting the appropriate segment (self-segmentation) that relates to them.
- Second step is the selected destinated landing page which is of relevance to the generic keywords prospects / visitors.
Why create 2-step landing pages ?
- Ads messaging relevance to individual segment - Through this segmentation, data could be obtained in having a better understanding on which of your ppc ads are attracting the particular segment.
- Segment Conversion Rate - And through the second click, we would be able to determine which segments are converting and which are not.
- Will you still drive your generic keywords prospects / visitors to generic landing pages ?
- Or start testing and increase your conversion rate ?
- Why not create a simple 2-step landing page in testing your conversion rate ?
- And share your testing results with us